Avbob Funeral Cover
The Benefits of Avbob Funeral Plan
- Cash back for every five claim free years
- If Avbob Funeral Cover services conducts the funeral.
- Available to policyholders whose policies are in force and a comprehensive funeral is conducted by AVBOB Funeral Service.
- 15% Discount on funeral services (maximum R4000) for every life insured under the policy — in force for less than 6 months & death due to natural causes
- R4000 Discount on funeral services + free transport of deceased in RSA for every life insured under the pölicy — in force for less than 6 months & death due to unnatural causes (accident)
- R4000 Discount on funeral services + free transport of deceased in RSA for every life insured under the policy — in force more than 6 months but less than 24 months
- A Free Basic Funeral to value of R 10 550.00 + Free Transport of deceased in RSA for every life insured under the policy + Instant cash of R2000 paid within 12-24 hours after the funeral arrangements have been made — in force for more than 24 months
- A free specified coffin
- Free use of a specified hearse
- The use of Avbob mortuary facilities
- The arrangement of the funeral
- The execution of the funeral
- The collection and transportation of your loved one to the Avbob mortuary
- Graveside tent and 10 chairs
- Preparation of the deceased and coffining (Preparing your loved one for burial/cremation)
- Assistance with the completion of all official documents
- A R250 contribution to a funeral notice in a newspaper of your choice
- An ash coffin (where applicable)
- The use of a lowering device at the graveside
Policy Terms and Conditions
A waiting period of six months from the commencement date of the policy will be applicable to all lives assured in respect of death as a result of natural causes. No waiting period applies in respect of death due to unnatural causes, provided that the policy commenced and that the first premium has been paid. Maximum age at entry is 65 years next birthday.
In the case of accidental death (excluding suicide) of the main member, double the sum assured will be paid out.
Premiums will be revised on the policy anniversary as set out in the policy privileges, conditions and provisions.
Premiums will be paid until death of the main member.
Breadwinners Benefit (only applicable if the applicant pays his own premiums): Should the insured/applicant die and a claim in respect of his/her life has been admitted, the policy, where applicable, will remain in force without further premium payment until the last Life Insured, including spouse, children, parents and parents-in-law, ceases to enjoy cover under the policy. The sum insured will be determined from time to time by the Actuary of Avbob, but will not be less than 50% of the sum insured as at the time of death of the insured/applicant. This benefit is only applicable if the insured applicant pays his/her own premiums.
This policy also acquires loan, surrender and paid-up values.
An Avbob Funeral Plan policyholder who makes use of Avbob’s burial service will receive the following FREE benefits*:
– A free basic funeral if the policy is two years or older*
– Free transportation of the deceased within the borders of South Africa*
– R2000 cash upfront for initial expenses
These benefits are over and above the full policy value.
*These FREE funeral benefits are subject to certain terms and conditions.
Plus, you also get a 15% addition to the sum assured on the main life which, if needed, may be converted into a six month Retrenchment Benefit, provided the policy is 24 months or older
How do I claim?
- Whether day or night, contact your local Avbob office or call 0861 386 3725 and you will be put in contact with your local branch as quickly as possible.
- Funeral arrangements are made at your closest Avbob funeral branch, but with Avbob you also have the option of arranging the funeral in the privacy of your home if the funeral or cremation is in another town/city other than where the death occurred, you should still contact your nearest Avbob funeral branch.
- The time and date of the funeral will be determined when you arrange the funeral.
- The law requires all deaths to be registered. To make it possible for us to do so, you will be required to submit the following documentation:
- Identity document of the deceased.
- Death certificate issued by a medical practitioner.
- When arranging a funeral or cremation, there are important decisions to make which can often be overwhelming. it’s important to discuss these decisions beforehand with the next of kin, friend or clergyman. You may also be led by the wishes of the deceased before death, e.g. by the contents of the will.
- Avbob is here to assist with important decisions such as:
- Must the deceased be buried or cremated?
- Where must the burial or cremation service be held?
- ls a memorial service required?
- Which priest should carry out the memorial service?
- What type of flowers will be required?
- Do you require notice of the burial or cremation in the press?
- How many pamphlets are required for the service?
- What type of coffin or casket is preferred?
For more information on Free Funeral Benefits for Policyholders, click here.